Playing online FAQ
A: You can play Virginia Lottery games online in the Virginia Lottery app, or at valottery.com with any phone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer that has an up-to-date web browser and internet connectivity. The device on which you’re playing must be physically within the state of Virginia at the time of purchase.
Just go to valottery.com on your device’s browser or open the Virginia Lottery app and create your account to get started!
Once you’re here at valottery.com on your device of choice, just follow the steps above to get started!
A: You can play Mega Millions, Powerball, Cash4Life®, Pick 3 and Pick 4 with Fireball, Cash 5 with EZ Match and an entire lineup of online-only instant games. New instant games launch every month, so sign up for emails to stay in the know and receive special offers!
A: When you win while playing online, your winnings go right back into your player wallet! Here’s what winning looks like:
- Prize up to $100: goes immediately back to your wallet.
- Prize of $100.01 - $600.00: we will process an automatic claim for you and your funds will go into your wallet almost immediately.
- Prize over $600.00: we will send you an email to start the claim process.
- Prize over $100,00.00: we will contact you directly during the claim process to arrange awarding your win.
We offer the following options to deposit funds to your account:
- Debit card (restrictions may apply)
- Bank account ACH wire transfer
- Online Banking (link your online bank account to your Virginia Lottery account)
- Pay Near Me (purchase online funds from local participating retailers)
- Online Cash (purchase online funds from a Virginia Lottery retailer or vending machine)
You can also add funds to your wallet by claiming winning lottery tickets in the app. Learn more mobile cashing.
A: You can use a debit card to purchase any draw games available online without depositing funds into your player wallet. Please note that there is a $5 minimum for one-time purchases made without funds in your player wallet. Just select the plays and draws that you want and proceed to your shopping cart to check out.
Instant games are not available to play without a player-wallet balance but can be tried in Demo mode any time for free. If you want to pay cash to play online, you can purchase an Online Cash voucher at a Virginia Lottery retailer and redeem it to your online account. Learn more about Online Cash here.
Withdrawals can be made via the following methods:
- Visa Debit
- Bank Account ACH wire transfer
- Online Banking (link your virginialottery.com account to your online bank account)
- Withdraw at Retail using the Virginia Lottery App
Learn more about withdrawing at retail.
Select Withdraw on the My Account screen and follow the steps. All withdrawal requests must be approved by The Lottery before being processed. Online withdrawals typically post to your bank account in 3-5 business days depending on how long your bank requires to process the transfer. Withdraw at Retail vouchers may take 1-2 business days to process but are generally approved much more quickly, and are valid for one month after approval.
Only winnings can be withdrawn from your player wallet. All deposits and bonuses must be used for playing online. sub_withdraw
Sign up for emails to get exclusive offers and learn about new games