With MEGA MILLIONS, there are NINE ways to win nine different prizes in this fun game. Jackpots now start at a minimum of $15 million; second prize is a cool $1 million. With the exciting Megaplier add-on you can increase your winnings of up to $5 million.
To play, choose your own numbers on a playslip. Select five different numbers from 1 through 75, then select one Mega Ball number from 1 through 15. You can also play Easy Pick and let the computer choose your numbers.
Each ticket costs $1.00. All prizes, except the jackpot, are fixed dollar amounts. The jackpot is pari-mutuel.
MEGAPLIER CAN INCREASE YOUR PRIZE
Megaplier is an add-on feature that allows you to win more money by increasing winners' non-jackpot prizes by 2, 3, 4, or 5 times. When you buy a Mega Millions ticket and tell the clerk to add Megaplier, you'll pay $1 more per play.
If you win when you have added the Megaplier, your non-jackpot prize is increased by the Megaplier multiplier for that draw. Megaplier may increase your winnings up to $5,000,000. The Megaplier number (2, 3, 4, or 5) is randomly drawn before each Mega Millions draw show and will NOT appear on your ticket.
NINE WAYS TO WIN
Match all six numbers to win the Mega Millions jackpot. Check the chart here for all NINE ways to win a prize in Mega Millions.
If more than one ticket matches all six numbers in a drawing, winners will share the jackpot. Jackpot winners will choose Annual payout or Cash Option when they claim their prize. Jackpot prizes are pari-mutuel. All other prizes are "fixed" prizes. If prize liability exceeds the prize-pool funding for fixed prizes, these prizes may be paid on a pari-mutuel basis and could be lower than these published prize levels. Refer to the official game rules for detailed explanation.
- Jackpots start at $15 million and grow faster--increasing by a minimum of $5 million per draw
- Choose five different numbers from 1 through 75, then select one Mega Ball number from 1 through 15.
- Second prize was $250,000 and is now a cool $1 million.
- Add Megaplier for an additional $1.00 per play and any non-jackpot prize will increase by 2x, 3x, 4x, or 5x its value per play--up to $5 million!
- Better odds of winning any prize…The overall odds of winning any prize are changing from 1 in 40, to 1 in 15
- Tickets still cost $1.00!
TWO CHANCES TO WIN
Mega Millions drawings are held Tuesday and Friday at 11:00 p.m. On these days, the cut-off to buy tickets for that night's drawing is 10:45 p.m. Virginia's Mega Millions tickets cannot be canceled. All sales are final. Use a playslip to ensure that you pick the numbers you want. To play more than one drawing, mark the box on the playslip and tell the clerk how many drawings you want. Playing ahead will multiply your ticket price by that number of drawings.
Drawings are broadcast on:
- WRIC-TV (Channel 8) in Central Virginia
- WVEC (Channel 10) in Tidewater
- WDBJ (Channel 7) in Southwest Virginia
- WCYB (Channel 5) in the tri-state area
- WUSA (Channel 9) in Northern Virginia
Check your local listing for times to see the latest drawings.