Powerball is changing! Beginning 7/4/15, the number of advance draws available for Powerball future and multi-draw tickets will decrease by one after each drawing until 10/3/15.
powerful jackpots….powerful game
Get into the game with Powerball! If you enjoy playing for big cash prizes then, Powerball -- with a minimum jackpot of $40 million -- is definitely the game for you!
- Choose your own numbers on a playslip. Pick five different numbers from 1 through 59; then select one Powerball number from 1 through 35.
- Or you can play Easy Pick and let the computer choose your numbers.
- You can also use a combination of these play methods - pick some of your favorite numbers, and let the computer fill in the rest.
- Each play (six numbers) costs $2.
- Powerball draws are held Wednesday and Saturday at 11:00 p.m.
- All prizes, except the jackpot, are fixed dollar amounts. The jackpot total is dependent on the amount of money in the draw's total prize pool.
Match all six numbers, and you win the Powerball jackpot! But that's not all - check out the chart for all NINE ways to win a prize in Powerball. If you do win the jackpot, you will need to choose either an annual payout or cash option when you claim your prize.
power up your play with power play
Power Play® is a powerful add-on feature that allows you to win even more money for just $1 per play. Power Play® can increase your winnings up to $2 million! If you win with Power Play, your non-jackpot prize is increased 2, 3, 4, or 5 times, depending on the Power Play® number drawn for that draw. Check the chart to see how adding Power Play® increases any non-jackpot win. Add Power Play® and match five numbers without the Powerball, and you automatically win $2 million – guaranteed!
It's always great to have options, so mark the OPTIONAL PLAYS box on your playslip for any of the following.
- Want to play the same numbers for more than one draw on a single ticket? Well, you can! A MULTI-DRAW ticket lets you play up to 26 consecutive draws on one ticket. Please keep in mind that the ticket price increases for each draw you add.
- Thinking ahead to a special date? You can buy a ticket for one future draw date. It's called a FUTURE draw. Simply mark the OPTIONAL PLAYS box on your playslip and let the store clerk know which future draw date you have in mind.
- Love those numbers so much you want them on more than one ticket? You can REPEAT your play and have the same numbers printed on more than one ticket up to 20 times.
- Simply tell your store clerk which option you want when you present your playslip. Keep in mind that playing in more than one draw increases the ticket price by the number of draws you choose.
two chances to win per week
draws are held Wednesday and Saturday at 11:00 p.m. Here are a few things to keep in mind when you play Powerball
- We stop selling Powerball tickets at 10:00 p.m. on draw nights, so get your tickets early!
- Virginia's Powerball tickets cannot be canceled, and all sales are final…sorry! We recommend using a playslip to ensure that your numbers are correct.
- When using optional plays, make sure you tell your clerk which option(s) you prefer – Multi-Draw, Future, or Repeat.
- Any winning tickets bought in Virginia must be redeemed in Virginia.
watch the draws
You can watch Powerball
draws LIVE on Wednesday and Saturday at 11:00 p.m. by clicking the View Winning Numbers tab at the top of the page or by visiting us on Facebook.com/valottery
. You can even watch them later…draws stay on our site!
Draws are also broadcast on the TV stations listed below. Check your local listing for times.
- WRIC-TV -- Richmond
- WDBJ-TV -- Roanoke
- WVEC-TV -- Hampton Roads
- WFDC-TV -- Northern VA
- WHSV-TV -- Harrisonburg
- WUSA-TV -- Northern VA
Need more info? Check our Virginia specific Powerball rules.